Monday, February 7, 2011

February 5th.....not the greatest day

Here it is folks, my first blog. I guess that, like my mother, I fought being too tech savvy but I'm driving some online friends up a wall so I chose this instead.

The last few weeks and months have been up and down but today I actually lost it. You may ask why and its simple, but a simple thing that I have a hard time accepting. Munchkin #1 (aka my son) turns 19 soon and about a year ago he met a very nice young lady online. Well the romance bloomed by leaps and bounds and last August he asked her to marry him. At the time my understanding was the wedding was a couple years a minimum down the road. Well then a few months ago that moved to August of 2011. Ok fine.....then it was they were going to the county building (which in Utah is where you go) and get married. I wasn't one to judge, its how I married my dear husband. As of last week....that got moved to February 15th.

Before you scramble for a calendar, yes that is under two weeks away. In fact as of today 10 days away. I've been supportive as his intended has lived with us since September, the rest of us like her, she likes us even though granted we have our moments. Today his wedding ring came and he tried it on for size and reality sat in hard. I realized that the kid I carried for 9 months, that I have done nothing but love unconditionally is on the brink of starting his own family in a sense. No not because I'll be a grandma in nine months, but because ....he'll have a wife. They'll still live with us, he'll still go to college, she'll continue to look for work, its just.....hard.

Then to add to this a week ago we went to the Utah Adoption Agency on North Redwood in SLC and paid the adoption fee for them to adopt a dog, and they got a miniature Pinscher. Now know Min Pin's are high energy, require exercise, etc. Well Pin needs some obediance training, she picks on the Pom (aka nicknamed Mr Picky Paws) and gets him in trouble. So had to have a talk with Munchkin #1 about walking his dog, discipline (not beat but let her know when in trouble by not babying her, etc). Well soon to be Daughter In Law (DIL) was complaining about that. Well THEY wanted a dog, THEY had researched dogs and new Pin was high energy. So why am I the bad guy in this? I got PP (Picky Paws) last May and have to discipline him now and then. But he seems to have the energy level of a cat....sleeps alot and plays some. I guess the good news is they both came house broken, they're eating the same food (which is good cause it seems to taste better out of the other's dish) but egads. I'm tired of getting on PP's case cause Pin is being the turkey. So hopefully we got Munchkin #1 and DIL straightened back out and they realize that having a dog is alot like having a kid.....and its time they step up.

Munchkin #2 (daughter) is a good student, gets straight A's at her will, not mine. I told her as long as she tries, I ask nothing further. I know some subjects are harder then others, but she's even showing my family up by getting A's and B's in geometry, a subject my mother and I stunk at.

As for future plans for my munchkins, #1 is thinking pharmacy technician and #2 is thinking interior designer. I have the next Lee Ann Toehy on my hands! But then given I think the woman is a true inspiration period, I can't complain.

On the home/financial front, its frustrating to hear people filed their taxes 2 weeks ago and already got their refunds while IRS seems to be going slow processing mine. Its not like I claimed anything extra then other years. I took the usual credits I take and all that. At least I know the state of Utah is working on mine, I wish IRS had the same kind of system. We want the refunds for dental work for me, a new dryer, a new iPod touch for DD (long story how she lost the other one), some mad money and still have money for savings.The state refund is for darling husband and Munchkin #2 to get new glasses. I just want the money HERE not in the Federal Reserve waiting on IRS to say "send it".

OH I forgot car Murphy struck yesterday. We blew out a back tire but after speaking with my parental unit (my dad) who gave me said car nearly a year and half ago, the tires on the back were pushing 5 or so years old. At least it happen on the street and not the freeway AND I have to say if you live in SLC and need plumbing supplies, please call Standard Plumbing Supplies on 33rd South for prices. Reese who works there was kind enough to change my tire and put the doughnut on in our cold weather.

But today I slept alot, cried a bit, and had a frozen dinner for....dinner. Here in a little while I'll go lay in my bed, put in a DVD (I got 4 or so for Xmas) and hope tomorrow is a better day. Super Bowl is on and if you ask me who I want to win I would say the Kansas City Chiefs....but of the two teams playing, I'll take the Packers.

You'll see me update from time to time. Sometimes I have to get stuff off my mind and thanks to some very nice ladies I may have found that.

No comments:

Post a Comment